9 February 2013

Video

We're going to be starting a video project soon. I've done quite a lot of that when I was being an artist at the RCA, here are some of my films of me doing weird stuff...

This one is called Natural Habitat, and I made it for my final show at the RCA. It was shown on a great big HD screen inside a kind of bird hide.




This one is called We Are The Robots, after the Kraftwerk song. Monet sometimes painted with his brushes tied to long sticks, at least I think it was him. Either way, I decided to try and make sculptures in the same way. It ended up on at the ICA which was nice.




In this next video I set myself the challenge of making twenty sculptures, each one in just twenty seconds.




I think this is the longest film I ever made, still less than 10 minutes though. It's called Sculpture Face, with the idea being that I had to build sculptures on people's faces.




This last one is the result of a project I did in Kyoto, called Super Handy Bike. I kitted my crappy old lady's bike out with half a ton 100 yen store tat, and video equipment, and then rode about 13 miles across town to the gallery I was showing it at.


Here's a picture of the finished bike at the gallery...

No comments:

Post a Comment